Saturday, June 30, 2007

Farting Around on the Internet

I’m old. I no longer surf the internet. These days, what I do on the internet it is more like farting around. Farting on the internet. This is especially true this morning as I try to get my Learn to Channel blog up to snuff again. I took the plunge yesterday and moved it from a clunky, though serviceable, template to one of the new blogger templates.

With these new templates you add a page element for all the neato things in the sidebar and where, supposedly, if you want to change to a new template all your widgets and thingiemebobs in the sidebar move with you. The only problem is that they are so dumb proof that it’s hard to be creative with them. At least for me. I’ve been having a devil of a time getting some Meta description and keyword code in there. It just doesn’t like what I’m doing. And, the other downside to making that shift is that right now there aren’t that many templates to choose from. I’m seeing more of them, but not as many as there were available with the classic style old blogger templates.

If I’m ever able to do the tweaking I want to do I will consider moving The Spirit Moved Me and Look What Happened to a new template. Until then we have tulips. Which are pretty, but sometimes I get tired of the same old same old.

Anyway, that’s what I’m doing this morning. Not exactly spiritual, but I can’t be good all the time.

Hey, here’s one for you along spiritual lines. Figure you are an old soul? Bet you’ve murdered your share of folks. Appalled to hear that? Too bad. An old soul has done it all and then some and being bad is part of it. I hope you’re not bad now, but figure you’ve been as bad as anybody somewhere along the line.

No comments: