Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Pearly Gates

I should preface this joke with the admission that I no longer believe in Heaven or Hell. At one time I did and it is from that time I thought this joke was funny. Now? I feel that it is there if you need it to be there for you. I still make references to both places. Anyway, I thought this was funny.

You can find more of them here:

Bill Gates died in an accident. He found himself in Purgatory being sized up by God...

"Well, Bill, I'm really confused on this call. I'm not sure whether to send you to Heaven or Hell. After all, you enormously helped society by putting a computer in almost every home in the world and yet you created that ghastly Windows 95. I'm going to do something I've never done before. In your case, I'm going to let you decide where to go."

Bill replied, "Well, thanks, God. What's the difference between the two?"

God said, "you can visit both places to help you decide."

Bill said, "OK, let's try Hell first."

So Bill went to Hell. It was a beautiful, clean, sandy beach with clear waters. There were thousands of beautiful women running around, playing in the water, laughing and frolicking. The sun was shining and the temperature was perfect.

Bill was very pleased. "This is great!" he told God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!"

"Fine," said God and off they went. Heaven was a high place in the clouds, with angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It was nice but not as enticing as Hell.

Bill thought for a minute and said, "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell."

"Fine," retorted God, "as you desire." So Bill Gates went to Hell.

Two weeks later, God decided to check up on the late billionaire to see how he was doing. When God arrived in Hell, he found Bill shackled to a wall, screaming amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He was being burned and tortured by demons.

"How's everything going, Bill?" God asked.

Bill cried out in anguish and disappointment, "This is horrible, this is not what I expected! I can't believe this happened! What happened to that other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the water?!"

God replied, "That was the screen saver."

2 comments:

Donna said...

LOL How appropriate!!!! lolol Have fun today!

Anji said...

It just had to be!!