Sunday, March 30, 2008

Si, Seniorita

I got a lot done today. Deedude started two loads of laundry for us and I finished them up. I also got the ironing done. Also went to NetLibrary.com and downloaded a Pimsleur Spanish Language Audio Book and did the first lesson. “Perdon, Senorita. Habla Inglis? No, Senior. No entiendo.” Anyway, it was a good half an hour I spent with my first Spanish conversation. There is no accompanying book to read so I’m sort of guessing at the spelling. But, anywhere I can learn something about Spanish is going to be good. And, did I mention it was free? I was able to get a membership to NetLibrary via the Oakland public library. If you’ve got a local library card I’m sure you would have no problem signing up. You can download audio books or e-books. I’ve got 21 days with the Spanish course and saved the audio book to my desktop. So, I felt pretty good about that.

Tomorrow is a big day. We’ve got an appointment to take Captain Jack into the vets. I hope DeeDude is able to get him into the carrier. So far, neither one of us has ever been able to even touch Jack. I’m sure I’ll hear about it later on. I’ll be at work when all of this unfolds.

Oh, and I went to Curves too. Also, went two rounds on my Plarn tote bag. Plarn is plastic yarn. You make it out of plastic grocery bags. Mine is about 3 inches high now. At the rate I’m going it will be August before it’s ready to actually tote anything.

After Note: We cancelled Captain Jack's appointment with our vet and decided to spend time on getting him tame. We thought shoving him into the carrier, probably sustaining scratches up and down our arms and a trip to the vets would be too cruel right now. So, I figured one way to start is with food. It's his favorite thing around here anyway. He didn't like that I held out slices of ham to him yesterday morning and eventually took a swipe for me to drop it and let him eat it on his own terms. What a cat. Anyway, it's progress of a sort.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Glad you're having some fun with the Spanish lessons...and that tote is looking pretty!! Have fun today!!hughugs

Anonymous said...

speaking of "captain Jack" you wouldnt be related to this site are you
http://captainjackandfriends.blogspot.com/
I found this site so funny but was so sorry to see it go, is this your old site.....

Pauline Evanosky said...

Kathy, I'm sorry to say, but, I'm not related to the CaptainJackandFriends.Blogspot. I had a look and it is pretty cute. Donna, I'll be sure to post a picture of the tote once it's finished. You all have a nice day today and thanks for stopping by.

cube said...

I hope things work out with you and Captain Jack. Feral cats take a lot of patience.