Friday, December 12, 2008

Time Slipping Away

You know how time can slip away from you? I realized this morning that it had been almost 3 months since I had written in one of my blogs. My first reaction was panic. This is a good blog. The material I put there is almost a cut above the material I use for my other blogs. I was appalled. Then, a wave of resentment crashed over me because work (my daytime job) has been absolutely frenetic. I mean it is insane. And, it just got more insane yesterday. I keep saying to myself, “I’m lucky to have a job. I’m lucky to have a job.” But, the focus of my attention has been there and obviously not where I would like it to be.

So, what to do? I think I need to devise better ways to calm down. I also need to loosen up on what I put in that blog. People are still reading it. It’s got a really nice page rank on it. But, as I’ve allowed more stress into my life I’ve also sort of frozen up as to my writing output. It’s got to be good or it doesn’t get in. Well, that sort of counts out 75% of what I’ve been whining about lately.

I fell back on the old adage my mother used to say to us, “If you don’t have something nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” That’s me. Clammed up these days.

This isn’t good. So, I’m not exactly coming up with a new resolution sooner than I need to…I’m just recognizing that I’ve let a good blog down, I’ve let people who are wanting to learn how to channel down, and I’ve let myself down.

I will make the time to come up with something of quality for Learn to Channel that I can post this weekend.

3 comments:

Donna said...

You're human...it's ok...Now get busy over there!!!LOLHahaa...
Happy day sweetie!!hughugs

Mini said...

I understand the pressure. You maintain a high quality and complex web presence. I admire it and hope to learn from it! (i am just starting) Please don't be too hard on yourself. I am resenting where my attention is going these days too. Its all too familiar and i'm obviously out of balance about it and I'm angry about it and the trick i guess is for me to focus on what can bring me back in balance. I really appreciate your sharing these real life challenges but don't forget how well you really are doing!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean... with me I just go through spurts. I will have one month were I will put out twenty posts, then others where I will only knock about three or four. I have to teach myself to be more consistent with things like this. So I have forced myself to do this. On the weeks that I produce several posts... I will hold the non-time sensitive ones back and post date them, and submit the ones that are time sensitive.

I will not go so far to say that my work is any more important that anyone else, but to me it is important.

BTW... nice Blog... glad I found it.