Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where I Get Busy

So, on my week off I’ve been trying to do things that are fun interspersed with projects/chores that have been too long ignored. Yesterday, after my dental cleaning, I popped over to the shopping center a couple of blocks away and bought two pair of shoes at the Payless. They were having a buy one get the second pair 50% off, which was a nice deal. I have been wearing rubbery garden clogs for several years and because I’m diabetic I wear white socks. They look silly. I’ve also been losing a bit of weight and the jeans I wear every day to work are getting baggier and baggier looking. Altogether not a real fashion look and certainly not good office wear. Since I’m moving into a position to be our office manager I figured I should look a bit spiffier, so I was pleased to find the shoes.

Next stop was Sears. They were having a sale on a lot of clothing and I found some black slacks…a step up from my grungy jeans. Turns out they didn’t fit and I had to move DOWN a size. Wooo!!!! So, I bought 4 pair at $19 each. It sort of bit into the checking account, but I figured I need them now. Two pair in black, one in blue and one in brown. They didn’t have any woman’s petite sizes, so I’ll need to hem them…unless the shoes I got lift me up high enough that the hems don’t drag.

Then, I went to Oakland’s China Town. It was a bear finding parking, but I finally managed it. I almost didn’t go because my hip was hurting by then with all the walking I’d done, but I’m glad I did. I popped into a few grocery stores. I got a couple of barbeque pork buns, my favorite. DeeDude hasn’t found his yet. He didn’t get home until 10 PM last night and I was already asleep, so I’ll tell him about it this morning and if he isn’t interested….It’s mine!

In one of the stores I purchased some dried plum bits. The package was $5 so it wasn’t something to sneeze at. I had absolutely no idea what these things were going to taste like, but there was a Guide at my elbow in the store urging me to put back the candied ginger I had in my basket and go with the plums instead. I do listen these days when they make suggestions and we ended up with the plums. I had one last night. Very intensely sweet so you don’t need to eat a lot of them at once. DeeDude tried one last night and when I asked him how he liked it said he didn’t care for it. Which leads me to this morning’s project:

I haven’t put anything up on Spirited Recipes in awhile and I think it would be cool to collaborate with the Guides on something to make using the plums. Also, DeeDude said that I ruined a block of Lucky brand cream cheese. He always says for me to get the Philadelphia brand, but I persist in trying to save money. Anyway, I was moved to sweeten the cheese with some Agave syrup. That went over like a fart in church, so maybe I could use that in whatever we’re going to do with the plums.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there. You sure have good blog and posting routine.

Hope for you to visit mine too.

Unknown said...

Yay for losing weight! Not baad, not bad. I love quality plums - mm, plum pie. Me-thinks that would be yummy.

BTW.... two old ladies fighting... they remind me of cats. You know, like paw-to-paw boxing.

Anyways, good luck with the recipe!