Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thank God Tomorrow is Friday

There are some things I just won’t blog about. Some things that just are too private to put out there on the internet. They’re not bad or anything like that. It’s just nobody’s business. So, seeing as how I’m the one doing the writing I say whether it goes out into the public eye or not.

However, this also is part of why I don’t want to write honestly. This is a problem. I know I’ve heard a bunch of places that a writer’s first novel is pretty much autobiographical. My first novel sits in the closet. There may also be a copy of it under the bed. It didn’t even get as far as being autobiographical. In fact, it sucked. This concerns me. What’s the second novel going to be like?

Well, the question just got asked (by an invisible guide), “What exactly do you want to write about?” Well, what I’d like to write about is a romance. Except I can’t write gushy love scenes. I can read them easily enough, but try to write one? No way. Also, going back to the honesty, how can I be honest with my characters? How can I portray a believable character?

And, worst of all. What if somebody I know reads this stuff? This is worse than being a psychic. That I can be mum about and just not tell anybody. They ask me what I do. I say I’m a mean secretary. I’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of that one. That’s as far as I want to go. I do not want to go around saying, “Not only am I a mean secretary, but I’m psychic. So, don’t cross me. I regularly put curses on people. At least, I try.” How many friends are you going to have if you say things like that? I think I’m off on a tangent here.

You know what? I need a book. The two I have next to read I just don’t feel like reading. I’ve got, “The Feeling Buddha” by David Brazier and “The Primal Scream” by Arthur Janov. I just don’t feel like reading either one. I just finished reading, “Four to Score” by Janet Evonovich. Perfect. I wrote a review about it on my other blog. Something by her again. I’ll go to the library tomorrow after work. In the meantime, what? One of the guides said, “Just relax”. That’s a good one. Maybe that’s what I’ll do.

No comments: