Saturday, October 27, 2007

Exercising

I wasn’t watching the time this morning and didn’t get a move on fast enough to go to Curves before they closed. I missed yesterday and they’re not going to be open tomorrow. I didn’t want to break my routine up with a 3 day vacation. I did that last week and it took me awhile to get back into the swing of things.

My solution? I climbed onto our Lifecycle exercise bike. Last time I was on that sucker I just about died. This time I figured I’d just take it easy and work up to a nice buzz, then I could get off. Having the bike at home will be valuable as I get more and more into a fitter state of being. I’ll use it more.

It took me awhile to figure out the programming. Level 0 was too easy. So was 1. But, 2 was a nice resistance. I made about 5 or 6 minutes and must have gone close to 2 miles or so. Figure I must have burned up all of 25 calories, but it was a good first step. Maybe I can do it everyday in addition to Curves. Now, there’s an idea that holds a lot of appeal to me.

So, this is the new me: paying attention to my health and making more deliberate healthy sorts of choices.

No comments: