Saturday, June 21, 2008

It’s the Ten of Toast Rule.

My husband loves watching true crime stories on television. And, always, without fail he will, as the time approaches ten minutes until the top of the hour make some comment to the effect that, “We all know he did it. It’s ten of.”

So, I’m sitting back in the study just now minding my own business and I hear DeeDude hollering (all the fans in the house are going and the television is turned up high). He’s saying, “You’re toast Bub. Don’t you know it’s ten of?” At first I thought he was talking to Phil, our neighbor. Then, I wondered what the hell they could be talking about.

Curious, I left the study to go see DeeDude grabbing a handful of Hershey’s Kisses in the kitchen. During the commercial break we, like everybody else who watches television, find other things to do…like finding yummy things to eat in the kitchen. Phil wasn’t there. I asked him who he was talking to. He said he was talking to the guy on the TV; that it was the Ten of Toast Rule and we all knew who did it.

No comments: