Saturday, June 14, 2008

How does it make you feel when somebody says no to you? It’s like it suddenly jets you back to the time when you were 3 years old and had been thwarted with whatever it was that you were doing. For me, anyway, it doesn’t feel good. It’s like a jolt of electricity. Then, all sorts of defensive things swing into play and the overall feeling is just not very good.

What I would like is whenever anybody says no to me that I am okay with it whatever the no is about; that I don’t have any annoying reactions like catching my breath, or feeling my face get all hot and red. None of that. Just calm, cool and collected. And, not be bothered one bit that somebody just told me no.

Actually, if you remember anything about being 3 years old you did it anyway. Maybe I should too.

No comments: