Friday, December 22, 2006

Ding Dong

The doorbell rang last night and two guys from the 7th Day Adventists were on my porch to talk about me letting Jesus into my life and getting saved. I honestly do not know what to say to folks when they start talking like that. I don’t want to hurt their feelings.

However, when they started talking about coming back again to talk to me I always say without explanation, “I don’t think that would be a good idea”.

Here’s what I’d like to say, “Oh, yes, I talk to Jesus regularly. Yeah, he’s a great guy. As far as I know I’ve already been saved and so have you and so has everybody else on the face of the earth whether they believe in Christ or not. Now, I’m busy here, but if you’d like to talk to Jesus I’ll be happy to channel him for you.” Now, that is a conversation that would go over about as well as a fart in a space suit which is why I’ve never said that stuff.

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday.

PS....I was trying to figure out what label would be appropriate for this post. Of the ones I've already used nothing seemed to fit, so I have this brilliant idea and start typing, "Jesus" when this voice in my head said, "You do that and you're going to Hell for sure."...so, I chose something else.

No comments: