Sunday, May 31, 2009

On The Importance Of Weighing Yourself After You Have A Dump

In our house my husband and I weigh ourselves a lot. Personally, I weigh myself every day. Other people tend to think this practice is obsessive. All I know is that if I miss weighing myself I am also in danger of having my weight creep up with a vengeance. I have an eating disorder and I keep it under control by weighing every day. My husband also weighs himself, though I’m not sure he does it every day.

That said, I weighed myself this morning before I’d had my dump. This violates the number one rule in our house of when you weigh yourself in the morning, but I was in a hurry. I recorded the weight and moved on with my morning routine.

Eventually, nature called and after I was done I figured I’d weigh myself again. It could be like a scientific experiment, before dump weight and after dump weight. DeeDude refers to this as BDW and ADW. He said ADW is what you want to do.

Lo and behold there was a 6 ounce difference in the recorded weights. DeeDude was passing by the bathroom right then and I called him in to see the results of the experiment. His comment was, “I always knew you were full of shit.”

No comments: