Friday, January 29, 2010

Fretting

Do you ever fret about how much time you don’t have? Maybe you are trying to do too much or perhaps you are unable to concentrate effectively on what you are doing at any given moment. If you had 4 things to do and did all 4 of them well how satisfied would you be that you could easily get to the 5 things you didn’t get accomplished at your next free moment?


I think fretting might be a waste of time. I actually do it a lot and am interested in achieving a more peaceful existence where fretting does not take center stage as often as it does now.

Here’s what I would like to see with myself. I’d like to see a commendable (to me) body of work done with my websites and with my blogs. I’d like to see more work done on my new hobby of carving crochet hooks. I’d like to see some time spent on creating and making purses and totes. I’d like to see progress made with my knowledge of Spanish.

I remember when I learned to channel that I concentrated on the task even though it seemed to me that nothing much was happening. My watchword during those days was, “I will not give up.”

Perhaps I can recapture that time and apply that same perseverance to what I want to accomplish this year.

No comments: