Sunday, October 25, 2009

Psychic Skull

Somewhere along the line I read on the internet about a psychic who had skulls to sort of get her in the mood. I’ve got crystal balls, and different stones and crystals laying around. I’ve got a Buddha that sits below my monitor. I’ve got wind chimes and lucky pencils and one of those holographic etchings of Elvis, but I didn’t have a skull.

It sounded reasonable to me, so I went on the internet to look for skulls. I wasn’t interested in a real skull; a replica would be perfectly acceptable. Except, everywhere I looked they were expensive.

Halloween is coming up and the stores are stocking all sorts of goodies for the holiday. I happened upon a very nice skull at Walgreens for $5.99. Right up my alley. DeeDude wasn’t really thrilled with it and said I couldn’t keep it out in the living room. So, it sat on a little night stand table where I could look over at it. Seemed sort of bald. Seemed sort of not finished. I got the wild-hair idea that I would make little hats for it. Seasonal things. Like springtime would have lots of flowers on it. I could crochet them. I could do all sorts of things to dress my skull.

But, I didn’t do anything about it. I’ve just been real busy and haven’t had time to turn around and spit. Though I haven’t forgotten.

Last weekend we went to my girlfriend Barbara’s house for dinner. Dinner was fabulous and we had a lovely time. Her husband Charles had a birthday the day before and we took him a little present. When I put the ribbon on the wrapped present there was this extra piece with a piece of scotch tape on it that I stuck low down on the door jam for the cats to play with. They weren’t interested and the next day I found the curl of blue ribbon on the floor. I picked it up to throw it away and spied the skull. Perfect.

No comments: